Saturday 11 February 2012

\m/ ROCK BELIEVER \m/

Well, since this blog is all about me... There has got to be a post on Rock Music!
HECK~!
It’s so much FUN to write an article on your favorite genre! And especially when it comes to Rock! I sit down to write this post with so many thoughts in my mind! Come on, Rock is such a huge genre... It‘s probably best described in a book! But hey! No worries I’m gonna write about just the BEST parts in the blog.
Well, if you are this new age POP and METAL music lover... You might probably get bored or let me add angered on things I’ve got to say on rock music. Nevertheless, read On!!!
Origin:

Rock Music originated in the UK (Roots... Not so surprisingly Rock ‘N’ Roll). Traditionally, a rock band consists of (This part is for the DUHs! Ok??) : A Vocalist, Lead Guitarist, Bass Guitarist, Rhythm Guitarist, A Drummer and occasionally a Keyboard player or other Instrumentalist!
There are so many genres in Rock Music alone... You would be totally surprised and I want you to check out all of them in Wikipedia (What would we all do without it ;)). And I bet there might not be as many genres in any other genres such as the Pop music or Hip-Hop (I feel so proud to say this :D). My personal favourites are Punk (Green Day), Psychedelic (Pink Floyd), Grunge (Nirvana), Blues Rock (Eric Clapton), Alternative Rock (Coldplay, Switchfoot), Hard Rock and early Metal (Black Sabbath).

Me and My First Love (Rock):


My journey with Rock began with the song ‘Stars’ by Switchfoot (I know, too late. But hey! I was way too ignorant when I was a kid!). I remember listening to Bon Jovi (It’s My Life... God! I am totally fed up with the song now), Bryan Adams and the likes (Thanks to iTV) but, after listening to ‘Stars’, I knew immediately Rock is something that’s gonna stick with me forever. It was different, heavenly and nothing like ever before.

Rock Music spread throughout the world... It was and is Infectious. Many Rock bands and artists spread social messages through rock music back in the old days whenever the world was... say TROUBLED. A very talked about artist for his lyrics was none other than John Lennon. Unfortunately, shot dead by a fan (!!!!). Rock itself is rebellious and so are its makers. It lights up the rebellious side of the listeners too and makes us wanna write rebellious songs! :D :D (Funny, I once wrote a song cz my Mom asked me to study! And no, it was nothing like ‘Another Brick In The Wall’ :P ). Thankfully, Rock bands and artists don’t write immature songs.

Rock is now overshadowed by Contemporary Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Metal Core and Retro Metal. Or the New Age Metal Music (NO offence!) They were never part of the traditional Rock music. The whole Metal music scene changed from Black Sabbath (They sound more like Heavy Rock!) to the present Metal bands (Gives girls and usually traditional rock lovers headaches!).

Well, recent repugnant gossips about Rock diminishing and other forms of Music rising to power can be certainly rubbished. There is Rock and then there is Justin Bieber. There is Rock and then there is Lady Gaga. If there is something that’s going down in the future it’s the latest music scene. I might want to add The New Age Metal Music. Yes, they certainly are going Down, Down, Down!!

Rockstars are commented for their dressing style and for their acts (involvement in drugs, alcohol etc.). I mean is that all not present in other genres too?? Come on! Rockstars make style statements in every Rock Concert and wherever they go. Classic example: Billie Joe Armstrong! Don’t we all adore and idiolize him?? I personally think if not for their lifestyle and style statements they simply cannot be called Rockstars ;) I leave you guys with that! ROCK RULES! FOREVER...\m/

No comments:

Post a Comment